Votre Forum

Identifiez-vous avec le pseudo d'administration pour configurer et personaliser votre forum.

Vous n'êtes pas identifié.

#1 08-11-2019 07:49:17

liny195
Membre

Here we take a look back at what could have been-and what thankfully w

/>Skip to main contentclockmenumore-arrownoyesStampede Blue homepageHorizontal - WhiteStampede Bluean Indianapolis Colts communityFollow Stampede Blue online:Follow Stampede Blue on TwitterFollow Stampede Blue on FacebookLog in or sign upLog InSign UpSite searchSearchSearchStampede Blue main menuFanpostsFanshotsColtsShopAboutMastheadCommunity GuidelinesStubHubMoreAll 321 blogs on Horizontal - WhiteFanposts Fanshots Colts StoriesScheduleRosterStatsYahoo Colts NewsYahoo Colts Team PageYahoo Colts ReportYahoo Colts Depth ChartYahoo Colts TransactionsYahoo Colts PhotosShop About Masthead Community Guidelines StubHub ✕Breaking NewsAndrew Luck Retires×What if the Colts had selected RG3 instead of Luck?New Adam Vinatieri Jersey ,68commentsHere we take a look back at what could have been-and what thankfully wasn’t.EDTShare this storyShare this on FacebookShare this on TwitterShareAll sharing optionsShareAll sharing options for:What if the Colts had selected RG3 instead of Luck?TwitterFacebookRedditPocketFlipboardEmailThe 2012 NFL Draft was a watershed moment for several NFL franchises. Perhaps few have been more changed by it than the Indianapolis Colts. That draft meant saying goodbye to legendary quarterback Peyton Manning, and hello to the Andrew Luck era. But what if it hadn’t? As a part of SB Nation’s “what if” week, we’re going to take a look back at that fateful offseason and stare into the multiverse of our own making. We’re going to look at several scenarios, all of which begin with the Colts passing on Andrew Luck. Today, we’re taking a look into the Griffinverse.No, not that one.The GriffinverseThis universe wasn’t far from being a reality. In it, owner Jim Irsay cleaned house, just as he did in ours. He chose to part ways with the legendary Peyton Manning as well as head coach Jim Caldwell and GM Bill Polian. The roster had gone 2-14 the prior year and shown that without the brilliance of Manning, they simply didn’t have what it took to play winning football.Irsay set about looking for replacements at all his newly vacated positions, eventually hiring Philadelphia's young Director of Player Personnel, Ryan Grigson, as the GM. Chuck Pagano, the Baltimore Ravens’ defensive coordinator, was hired as the head coach. Instead of taking Andrew Luck with the first overall pick, however, the Colts selected electric quarterback Robert Griffin III. It really wasn’t that far-fetched. While the majority felt that Luck was the right pick, there was a strong contingent that was really in favor of what Griffin would bring to the table. He seemed like a star on the rise, with the kind of leadership and dynamic play-making ability that was sure to turn a franchise around, and quickly.It didn’t take long to see that potential come to fruition. Just like in our universe, Griffin’s rookie season was phenomenal. His athleticism made it possible to do things on the field that Colts fans and football fans in general really hadn’t seen. He confounded defenses who simply were not sure how to deal with his dual threat capabilities and landed himself the Offensive Rookie of the Year Honors.Unfortunately, just like in our universe, a talent-poor roster meant the Colts would only go as far as Griffin could carry them. While the start of his rookie season galvanized the team with the discovery that Coach Pagano had leukemia Marvin Harrison Color Rush Jersey , the review of the season showed that Griffin was simply taking too many hits and the roster was full of major holes. With a good coaching staff and front office in place, changes might have been made to help him overcome those obstacles. That was not a part of his reality in this particular universe. A crummy coaching staff and dysfunctional front office, paired with the lack of talent on the roster would lead to Griffin’s injury struggles. Specifically, a major knee injury. Desperate to improve and move the franchise forward, the Colts rushed Griffin back into action too quickly, playing him at various times while injured. Unsurprisingly, this ended poorly, and resulted in further injury.When Griffin emerged again and in good health, it was clear that the mental strain of carrying so much weight for the team as well as the worry about the danger of serious injury was impacting his play. The strain, combined with his inability to replicate his once explosive ways post-injury, fueled his rapid descent into little more than damaged goods and cheesy motivational slogans.By 2015 Griffin was really struggling. No longer the same player, he couldn’t make the throws the Colts needed from him, and couldn’t move the ball on the ground the same way he once had. Grigson’s incompetence in the draft room only made matters worse. The team floundered after consecutive ineffective drafts in 2013 and 2014. It soon became clear to everyone that Griffin was not the quarterback of the future in Indianapolis. The Colts would have to start again at the quarterback position, and in 2015 they selected RG3’s replacement at the top of the draft. Marcus Mariota would be the new face of the Indianapolis Colts going forward. Surely he was the piece they needed… right? INDIANAPOLIS (AP) — Indianapolis Colts linebacker Darius Leonard was disappointed when his name didn’t appear on the AFC’s Pro Bowl roster Tuesday night.Now the league’s leading tackler intends to make all future opponents pay for the perceived snub.“He told me he’d have 40 tackles this week, and I told him that’s humanly impossible,” tight end Eric Ebron said Wednesday.But if the Colts (8-6) have learned anything about their star rookie, it’s not to discount anything he says.When South Carolina State played Clemson in 2016, Leonard had 19 tackles against the eventual national champs and his childhood favorite, which never offered him a scholarship. His performance that day earned him the nickname “Maniac” around campus, a nickname he still clings to, and put him on the radar of Colts general manager Chris Ballard.Throughout the draft process, he heard from the critics again. This time they were questioning the level of competition he faced in college; how long it would take to make the transition from FCS to the NFL; and whether Ballard reached when he took Leonard at No. 36 overall https://www.coltsfanshop.com/Tarell-Basham-Jersey , four picks into the second round, in April.Others questioned whether missing all of the Colts’ spring and summer workouts because of a bad hamstring would slow him down this season.Leonard has proved all of them wrong.Despite missing one game, at New England, he continues to lead the league with 146 tackles and needs 15 over the final two games to break Jeff Herrod’s single-season franchise record (160), a mark that has stood since 1991. And if Leonard’s play matches the hype, Herrod’s record could go down Sunday against the New York Giants (5-9).“It adds more fuel to the fire,” Leonard said when asked about missing the Pro Bowl. “It gives me more reason to go out and keep fighting. With everything I did and knowing it’s still not enough, I’ve got to put more on my resume.”Leonard views it as more of a promise than a warning and it fits his personality.While he revels in the underdog role, he routinely plays with a chip on his shoulder and continually sets his standards high. His goal each week is to get 25 tackles and he’s finished in double digits in seven of the Colts’ 14 games. He’s tied with Carolina’s Luke Kuechly for the most games with 10 or more tackles this season.But what the Colts have found in Leonard is much more than a tackling machine.His seven sacks are third most by a Colts rookie, trailing only Dwight Freeney (13) and Vernon Maxwell (7). Dee Ford, Khalil Mack and J.J. Watt — all Pro Bowlers — are the only players this season to force more fumbles than Leonard (4). He also has 12 tackles for loss, six passes defensed and two fumble recoveries.Andrew Luck spotted the potential almost from the first moment Leonard suited up for Indy. At the first training camp practice, Leonard made a leaping, acrobatic interception of the three-time Pro Bowl quarterback.“I’ll be honest, the first couple of training camp practices I said ‘My goodness, he’s not supposed to be that fast and play linebacker,'” Luck recalled. “And then he went up for that interception and came down with it, and I just said ‘My goodness.'”Luck appreciates that he won’t have to contend with Leonard in a meaningful game. The rest of the league won’t be as fortunate.“I want to go out there every week and make every tackle,” Leonard said.“I like to set a crazy goal, so each week if it’s not 25 (tackles), I’m mad at myself.”

Pied de page des forums